Food safety and hygiene (level 2)
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and an understanding of the importance of food hygiene, associated food hazards, good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems. Participants will learn how to maintain good practice in the handling, processing, and preparation of safe food.
Duration: 1 day
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who handles food, whether that is open or packaged, including drinks and ice. This award is also ideally suited to people who need to enter food premises as part of their work, for example equipment maintenance engineers, off-site business owners, or managers and delivery personnel.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Outline the importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment, safe food handling and behaviour
- Describe how to report food safety hazards
- Outline the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in food safety, including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Describe effective personal hygiene practices
- Explain how to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- State how work flow, work surfaces and equipment can reduce contamination risks and aid cleaning
- Outline the importance of pest control
- State the sources and risks to food safety from contamination and cross-contamination
- Explain how to deal with food spoilage
- Describe safe food handling practices and procedures
- Explain the importance of temperature controls
- Describe stock control procedures
There will be a 40 minute multiple-choice test at the end of the course, which must be completed in order to gain certification from the awarding body
This course can be delivered in-house if required.
For further details or to book this course, please contact us via our online form, call our team on 01432 383500 or email email@example.com. You may also search for upcoming open courses on CPD Online.