This course covers both theory and practical exercises to ensure safe manual handling techniques are utilised in the workplace. It provides participants with the basic skills and knowledge to enable them to carry out manual handling tasks safely and without risk of injuring themselves or others.
Duration: 3 hours
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who regularly moves objects as part of their role.
What are the outcomes?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Define manual handling and describe types of potential injuries
- Understand national and benchmark statistics on manual handling injuries and sickness days lost due to injury
- Perform manual handling risk assessments, including assessing a manual handling situation, eg TILE (Task, Individual, Load, Environment) and hierarchy of control
- Understand and demonstrate safe handling practices and principles, including practical activities and use of equipment (as appropriate)
- Understand health and safety law applicable to manual handling
- Understand risk factors of back pain and ways to reduce risk of injury
Manual handling courses are offered on a bespoke basis to organisations and will be tailored to suit their particular environment.